‘Fun, convenience and friendship’ are reasons often given by students who live in a university residence. Of these, supportive student friendship is the most prevalent and this is Burgmann’s main focus. Add in excellent pastoral care, academic assistance, great IT facilities, on-site staff and a secure environment and you are describing Burgmann College.
Burgmann also has an indefinable quality of spirit. It has to do with the loyalty, support and the broad goodwill among our residents – people like you creating lifelong friendships. Indeed, the College goes out of its way to help residents make the most of their time at university and to build a strong platform for life after graduation. As an affiliated College, we take pride in our independence and our commitment to partnering with the ANU, Australia’s National University.
And then there’s ‘location, location, location’. Situated in a parkland setting amid mature trees, lawns and gardens Burgmann College occupies one of the best locations on the ANU Campus next to Lake Burley Griffin. Everything on campus is only a short walk or bike ride away. Canberra’s city centre (called Civic) is within walking distance and provides plenty of retail outlets, restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs to visit whilst you take a break from your study. Public transport is readily available with a bus stop out the front of the College.
We welcome all community minded students who are focussed academically and in other ways, and wish to work seriously to achieve their goals. There is fun, partying and fabulous friendships along the way, of course, but the primary goal is gaining your degree and preparing to take your place in the world.
- 370 fellow residents with a vibrant mix of postgraduate and undergraduate students
- great and supportive friends to be made
- a shared learning community
- fully catered food service, providing for individual needs
- extensive social, cultural & sporting programs
- strong pastoral care focus with 17 Residential Advisors
- 'Live-in' Principal and Deputy Principal
- great traditions, facilities and setting in which to undertake your degree